Childcare Services Overview
The Childcare Services Programs are a Maryland State-licensed operations of The School offering quality care and supervision for eligible* children from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. outside of the normal instructional school day.
The two cornerstones of the SJPDS Childcare exceed the staff-to-student ratio set by the State of Maryland.
- Before Care is supervised care for St. John’s students who are three years of age or older. It begins as early as 7:00 a.m.
- After Care is supervised care available for St. John's students who are three years of age or older. It begins at the end of the instructional day until as late as to 6:00 p.m.
- Children receive safe care in a relaxed environment.
- The afternoon includes outdoor/supervised activities and games, an SJPDS snack (if offered), homework/reading session, and general fun with their peers.
St. John’s Parish Day School Childcare Services includes multiple package options for our school families: 2021-22 SJPDS Child Care Service Prices and Plans
In addition to the regular plans, all eligible* families may register for Childcare Services for noon-day dismissals. Please note that NOT ALL regular Childcare Services Plans cover childcare for noon-day dismissals.
Your family may also be eligible for "Early Childhood and Lower School Siblings Care (Complimentary Care)" which gives families the ability to drop-off and pick-up their children at the same time. Only an Early Childhood sibling of a Lower School sibling may arrive after 8:15 a.m. for Before Care. The same child may stay as late as 3:30 p.m. for pick-up at no additional fee.
Children attending Childcare must be current students of St. John's Parish Day School (Early Childhood or Lower School)
- Three years of age or older
- Able to use the restroom on their own
How to Enroll
Interest in Childcare Services is collected during the school enrollment process, however, confirmation of this interest is completed and finalized once all of the following REQUIRED DOCUMENTATIONS are collected. The window for collection will be opened in mid-July and remain opened until the end of August or until spaces are filled.
Childcare Services Registration Forms
- These forms are available under the "Webforms" section in your Parent Portal in FACTS. There are three forms available for families to complete. Please use one form per child. Any changes to the form once it is submitted will overwrite the previous form.
- For example, if you have two children for whom you are registering, "Childcare Services Registration Forms (Stud. 1)" should be completed for one child and "Childcare Services Registration Forms (Stud. 2)" should be used for the other child.
- Available under the "Webforms" section in your Parent Portal in FACTS.
- Please print out, review, sign, detach, and return the form to school.
Drop-in and Early Dismissal Care Sign-up Forms
Registration for early dismissal care and drop will be made available over the course of the school year and are accessible using the "Drop-In" forms below. Please note that the REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION listed (above) must be completed in order to use these services.
Monthly Childcare Drop-In Sign-Up
Early Dismissal Care Sign-Up