During Spirit Week we celebrate the Five Gifts of St. John’s that are symbolized on our school logo and partnership with Kenya. Each day of the week students may wear the school spirit color of the day or school spirit wear. Lower School students can wear P.E. bottoms or jeans. We will begin the week with an All School Chapel highlighting the entire logo. Each day, students will participate in activities that celebrate that part of the logo (see below). In addition, Spirit Bear will be ‘hiding’ in different areas of the school.
Monday/Green: The leaf symbolizes, “the development of confident, independent thinkers, people of character, and respectful citizens connected to our local and global communities.” It also symbolizes our green school standing.
· All school chapel via zoom at 9:15am
· Take today to care for our school.
o Pick up trash inside and out
o Limit your trash from lunch
o Recycle, reuse, reduce
o Think of ways you can help others
Tuesday/Red: The heart symbolizes “a loving, caring, supportive environment where childhood is preserved and celebrated.”
· Let’s share the love: use heart shaped post it notes to leave notes of kindness, love and encouragement and spread it around the school. (post it notes will be provided).
Wednesday/White: The cross symbolizes “spiritual growth through faith formation grounded in the Christian tradition.”
· Walk for Wamunyu for EC during PE times
· Decorate crosses: decorate a cross, write a thank you to God, or ask for special intention. Place in basket in lower commons. (cross will be provided)
Thursday/Brown: The acorn symbolizes “wonder and possibility; where opportunities for discovery abound.”
· Classroom murals: let the possibility of what white paper can become when the students create! (mural paper will be provided)
· Be creative and design an original.
Friday/Yellow: The flame symbolizes “innovative curriculum and teachers who know and serve each student as they grow academically, socially and spiritually.”
· LS Walk for Wamunyu
· Share books about innovation, creativity, and possibilities! (books will be available)
· Write a thank you note to a teacher or special person in your life.